CMS Conveyancing Service Charter
At CMS low prices do not mean that we compromise on service. We have been successfully providing conveyancing services since 1995 and our long experience has enabled us to perfect the technology required to provide a fast, efficient service at the lowest prices on the Internet today. We have thousands of satisfied clients why not read some of our testimonials
We aim to provide a professional and friendly service that you can trust. We do not use legal jargon or pressurised sales techniques. All of the solicitors on our panel have signed up to the Service Charter set out below. CMS monitor the progress of each and every transaction from start to finish. Our unique case management software has been designed to alert you by e mail or SMS text message as each stage of the transaction is reached. The CMS system also sends out an alert to you and your solicitor when the next key stage is due to ensure that there are no delays. CMS provides a free telephone/ e mail helpline for any problems or queries.
Our dedicated customer services department is available to help you with quotes, legal queries or problems Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 6.00 pm on 0845 060 3355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. When you instruct a CMS panel solicitor you will be provided with their direct contact details. You will have your own personal conveyancer who will deal with your conveyancing from start to finish. Upon instruction you will be sent an email confirmation of your solicitor’s details and a confirmation of the conveyancing quote.
If you provide details of your estate agent CMS will copy them in on all correspondence – saving you the trouble. When you instruct a CMS solicitor they will telephone you to introduce themselves and you will be sent a client care letter the same day. All panel solicitors are members of the Law Society or the Council of Licensed Conveyancers. CMS check their membership and hold copies of their practising certificates.
All panel solicitors hold at least £2,000,000 indemnity insurance to protect their clients. If your solicitor is unable to take your call immediately please leave a message and your call will be returned within a maximum period of two hours. All postal correspondence received by your solicitor will be read upon receipt. If the correspondence requires a response this will be sent within a maximum of 48 hours. All faxes and e mails received by your solicitor will be read upon receipt and replied to within a maximum period of two hours
Your conveyancing will be dealt with efficiently and professionally by a specialist conveyancer.
The Solicitor agrees to complete CMS client re-mortgages within 10 working days of receipt into the Solicitor’s office of a valid mortgage offer provided that the Solicitor shall not be required to complete within the specified period if
- The solicitor has not received the client’s written instructions to proceed
- The solicitor has applied for the deeds and they have not been received and the solicitor has been unable to obtain an Office Copy Entry of the Register
- There are conditions on the mortgage offer that make it impossible for the solicitor to complete within the agreed time table.
- There is a sum due from the client to complete and the client has not provided the solicitor with cleared funds
- The solicitor has been unable to obtain a valid redemption statement from the client’s existing lender vi) If the solicitor is unable to complete within the agreed time scale the solicitor must notify the client/CMS in writing by fax, post or e mail stating the reason why completion cannot be effected within the agreed time period.